Saturday, April 5, 2014

Taking in one of those "God moments"

He never fails to amaze me. I’m never actually surprised when these things happen, because I know Him. I know that even He cares about seemingly trivial details like these. And it’s amazing. And then, when taking in the joy of these moments, I am hit with the bigger picture - the unending faithfulness. The impact these seemingly trivial details can have on the lives of people all around us... and on us... the calling that is bigger than we sometimes may see. Hope eternal. Lives renewed.

We’re not done.

We’re not done walking out in faith. That’s a daily call. Where will our steps take us today? Tomorrow? We seek and serve and grow. Churches are planted and missionaries are going, going, going. Feeding the hungry and clothing the naked. Touching the broken. Embracing them in loves strong hold, a hold that doesn’t let go.

He doesn’t let go.

And I’m on this call. And you’re on this call. We all are called to take these steps, daily, to walk into loves strong surrender. We are called to run into His open arms, taking hold of hands along the way and showing them the way. Hands of the hurting and the hungry and broken, bringing them with us into loves strong hold. Who are you holding hands with? Who is He calling you to hold?


Keep my heart humble, my eyes open, my ears hearing, and my feet willing to walk in the steps of Your perfect will. I’m not done. Send me.


Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. -1 Peter 5:7

Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you. -Psalm 37:5 

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. -Proverbs 16:3

No comments:

Post a Comment