Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Let it rain

Part of memorizing the book of James, for me, has been to recite each day what I have learned - often several times - from memory. Without fail, each day, something within what I'm running through my mind or mumbling on my lips will strike me as new.

I love that about this Word of truth. I love the way it continually speaks newness and life into my soul. Refreshing. Cleansing.


Like a rain that washes away all the built up dust and dirt. A rain that brings growth and new branches, new leaves and new blossoms. Growing in Him, growing up. Remembering where you've been, dreaming of where you're going, resting in where you are.

Yeah, it's kinda like that.

So let it rain.


This past week I began James chapter two with verses one and two. Since they flow right into verses 3 and 4 for this week, I'm just waiting until next week to wrap them up (because that is what makes the most sense, at least to me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment