Wednesday, April 30, 2014

James 2 Memorization...

No. I'm not finished with it.
Not even close.

James 1, I got. There were weeks that took a little more 'work' than others did, but for some reason James 1 was easier to commit to memory than James 2 has been. Maybe it's because I've been more overwhelmed with ministry obligations since beginning James 2. Maybe it's because the end of the school year for this homeschooling family is ALWAYS overly busy and full of distractions. Maybe it's because I've been overwhelmed with caring for my Bradley the last couple of weeks. Or maybe I'm just not putting my all into it. No matter what is at the heart of this, I'm thankful that I desire to commit this Word to heart and mind even though it's just not clicking.

So, as of this week, I'm supposed to have memorized verses 1-13 of James 2. It will come, I hope. Even if I spend my summer doing nothing but memorization exercises and prayer (like that would be a bad thing!) It will come.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Good for you! I need to get back on memorizing scripture. I find that recording myself on my iPhone and then playing it back to myself helps me memorize more easily. That might be a suggestion??? Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I've taken a few weeks off from updating here, praying some things through. ;) I love the suggestion though and I'll give it a try.

      Delete