Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wrapping up James 1:11-12


I have been so diligent in attempting to commit this to heart and mind over the past week. It's not been easy. I don't know if it's the verse, if it's the constant busyness that is my life, or if my heart just isn't absorbing it. I basically know it but I leave out a word or change a word here and there. Just the same, I don't feel defeated. When I wake up, these words are on my lips. As I press through my tasks in the day, I'm reciting them. The husband and I, we recall what we can to each other and help where the other is missing it. As I drift off to sleep, I'm letting it all float through my mind...

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations: Greetings. Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom you should ask God who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask you must believe and not doubt because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do. Believers in humble circumstances should take pride in their high position, but the rich should take pride in their humiliation - since they will fade away like a wild flower. The sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom will fall and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way the rich will fade away even while they go about their business. Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to all who love him.

(That's me typing from memory. I haven't double checked it yet, so don't take it as being accurate!)

I don't share this boastfully. I share this for the benefit of my mind, my heart, my life. I share it in hope to not just repeat the words but really just let them sink in. I share this to bring Him glory.

And I sure hope I got them right!

So, I'm a day late sharing this. I actually began the next verses in this journey today! I'm sure I'll be back to share more regarding those later in the week.

2 comments:

  1. such an amazing achievement. You are a glory to God, I love the book of James and particularly the verse you posted today. Thanks for sharing and for being such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, it's not me! I honestly don't know how I'll even remember the next verse or the next chapter. I mean, I've never been too good at remembering exact verses. I can remember parts, I can remembers stories - and I can paraphrase with the best of them! But memorization in this depth is all new to me, and it's all Him. So to God alone be the glory, I'm thankful that through Him working out the kinks and tangles in my life that He can inspire others.

      Delete