Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Fresh Mercies, New Mornings

We don't have it all together in this house. Not that anyone really does. Some days I feel like we do though - or at least like we mostly have it together. But sometimes...

Sometimes I raise my voice.

Sometimes I'm easily agitated by seemingly simple tasks that may be a little harder for others to grasp - or appreciate - or just do.

Sometimes these little angels push my buttons. (And dare I say, they may even do so on purpose?)

Sometimes its harder to like them... did I just say that? Love them, well I always choose to love them. But sometimes it can just be hard to like them.

Of course, I know I can be pretty unlikeable sometimes myself. Especially if I'm in a mood where I'm agitated... raising my voice... and not seeing the face of God in the ones I love most. Yeah, that makes me unlikeable. But I guess that's where grace and mercy collide with the frailty of the flesh.

Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. - Ephesians 4:32

If I'm truly honest with myself, I'm a hot mess more often than I care to admit! Praise be to God that even in my hottest and messiest of hot messes there is forgiveness. There is redemption. There is renewal.
  
The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. - Lamentations 3:22-23

Sometimes we need a fresh morning full of new mercies.

Thank You, Jesus, for knowing that we won't have it all together. Thank You for the promises of new beginnings. 


(Just a side note, for the ones who may gasp at my honesty --- I'm amazed by my kids. I think they're all pretty awesome in their own ways. I'll be the first brag over academic accomplishments, physical abilities, and their witty charm. I'm proud to be their mom. I adore my husband. He's my best friend. When he's away, I long for him. I love them all. I thank God for each member of this precious family.)

No comments:

Post a Comment