Saturday, September 17, 2011

Nearly four months later...

Here it is! The picture proof that I actually did complete my closet project! Two weeks ago I vowed that we would not do anything over that weekend until the closets were done - and we stuck to it. Our biggest need was to clean out our storage closet, so that we could store things in it! As you may remember from earlier posts our storage closet started out looking like this, evolved into this, but I am proud to say that it now looks like this...
















Now, I have to admit, a *few* things have made their way to the closet since it's completion (a baby car seat for the little one I watch during the week, and a couple of school computers that are awaiting UPS to take them back to Connections Academy) but it still pretty much looks like this. And I think that is something to brag about, considering it's previous state. Many things were given away, thrown away, and so what you see here is actually a combination of what we kept from in this closet AND from the master bedroom closet, and even a few things that I had jammed into the front coat closet. All the things I need access to are easily in front, and all the things that we really are just storing until we have a bigger space are toward the back. Success!

On to the master bedroom closet. I think I purposely didn't share my most recent pic of the master bedroom closet before the clean out, but let's just say I couldn't walk into it - which totally made having a walk-in closet pointless! This, this, and this show what the master closet was early in our move in process. This is the master closet now...
















It looks a little sloppy here, a few of the boxes shoved in the back there still need to be gone through, and the one toward the front has a new home in the husband's church office. Other than that though, that side of the closet is finished! Now on the other side, we moved all the games that were hidden in the back of the storage closet and it is actually now a very functional space! See...
















Wanna see some of the things we decided to give away? (AND I did actually drop them off at Goodwill within days of this weekend closet project!)
(the give away stuff-minus the cooler)














Of course there was a garbage pile, but this is honestly only half of it...
















So, yes, we're feeling much better about our storage closet these days. Every single thing now has a place in our smaller space, and that makes me feel so much better about our downsizing.

Now, on to some shoe related news :) remember when I shared my obsession for shoes? Well, while cleaning things and such I found the match to one of my very favorite shoes! Once again, swoon with me if you will...












Aren't they just gorgeous? In other shoe news, I found a replacement for my beloved. They aren't everything to me that the other shoes were, but they'll do...












And with that, I do believe I'll wrap up this post, this part of simplifying my life, and move on to newer (and more exciting???) things!

Any suggestions on what to simplify next?

2 comments:

  1. "Any suggestions on what to simplify next?"

    My closets!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl....I do that to my master closet and a week later its full again....I can't seem to get rid of clothes faster than they are outgrowing them!

    ReplyDelete