Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Welcome to my journey!

I'm just going to snag my "about me" for the intro of my first post...

My name is Jessica, but most people just call me Jess. I am a homeschooling mom to my four children, and I've been married to my best friend for just about 15 years. I am 32 years old, and some days I feel like I'm just getting started!

In the fall of 2010 my husband and I moved our family to the state of Ohio, accepting the calling to begin a new church plant. As we begin this new work, I have felt the need to simplify my life. Through this blog I hope to journal my journey to minimize the bulk of our material possessions, learn to live on less (because the life of a church planter in an economically depressed area requires this!), learn to reduce our consumption, and learn to save more. Our children are quickly growing and I want so desperately to teach them the importance of living simply, without the restrictions of "things", and I want them to know the joy of being able to give generously.

I hope you'll encourage me through this journey and that this blog can be an inspiration and blessing to you!


So yeah, that's me - a brief snapshot of where I've been and of where I hope to go (I'm sure I'll share more as time goes on!) The real beginnings of this blog will happen over the next few weeks, as we begin to move our family of six into an *almost* 1200 sq. ft. apartment! See why simplifying is so necessary?! And I don't think that is going to be a bad thing, but it could get interesting!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jess! Welcome to the blogosphere! I am thrilled to journey with you towards simplifying! I hope we can inspire each other! Thanks for adding me to your "Blogs I Follow." I am honored to be there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the welcome, Elizabeth! And yes, I began following your blog when Kristen first shared it on her blog (I've been "cyber-buddies" with Kristen for several years now!) Your blog has definitely been an inspiration for me. I knew I would need to simplify our material possessions once we retrieved them from storage, but there is SO much more to simplifying outside of our "things". I hope blogging about it all will keep me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jess! Simplifying in on my list too. Not really out of necessity-right now we have plenty of space-but more just because it feels like we have so much STUFF. I accumulated a lot of junk in the four years since I moved out of my parents' house. I'm thinking a yard sale might be in the works this year.

    ReplyDelete